Wednesday, December 21, 2016

If You Knew

If you knew where I was,
Would you come running to me?
If you knew how it hurt,
Would you heal me?
If you knew I was drowning in thoughts,
Would you save me?
If you knew how hard I tried,
Would you appreciate it?
If you knew how many tears I’d shed,
Would you dry them?
If you knew how many hours of sleep I’d lost,
Would you sleep next to me?
If you knew how many smiles I’ve faked,
Would you come and make one worthwhile?
If you knew how many times I’d wished you
were mine,
Would you chose me?
If only you knew,
How much it hurt,
How much it still hurts,
How much it will always hurt,
Maybe then you would come back,
Maybe then you’d realize what you did to me,
Maybe then you’d finally choose me,
Maybe in another life,
You would come running to me,
But,
With a final smile,
And a final breath,
I will say goodbye,
To the world that was so unkind,
To my fragile soul.
G
 O
  O
    D
     B
      Y
       E


        M
        Y


     O
   N
 E

&
 O
  N
    L
     Y
Goodbye my hopeless love.

No comments:

Post a Comment